The CrossFit Open is an annual online competition that takes place over five weeks, during which athletes worldwide complete a series of workouts, with each workout released on Thursday and scores due by Monday. The competition is open to anyone, regardless of fitness level, and serves as a qualifier for the CrossFit Games, which is the ultimate test of fitness for the fittest athletes in the world. The 2023 CrossFit Open has come to a close, and the full list of winners has been revealed. This year’s competition was intense, with athletes from all over the world pushing themselves to the limit in a series of grueling workouts.
Backgrounds of CrossFit Open
The CrossFit Open has grown in popularity over the years, with thousands of athletes participating each year. The workouts are designed to test athletes’ abilities in a wide range of areas, including strength, endurance, speed, agility, and flexibility. The workouts are kept secret until they are released, which adds an element of surprise and excitement to the competition.
While it’s impossible to predict who will win the CrossFit Open 2023, the competition will be intense and exciting, with athletes pushing themselves to their limits to see how they stack up against the best in the world. The winners of the CrossFit Open 2023 will undoubtedly be celebrated for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to fitness.
CrossFit Open Men & Women Division Winner
In the men’s division, the winner was none other than Mat Fraser. The four-time CrossFit Games champion put on a dominant performance, finishing first in four out of the five workouts. Fraser’s victory solidifies his place as one of the greatest CrossFit athletes of all time.
In the women’s division, Tia-Clair Toomey claimed her fifth CrossFit Open victory. Toomey, who has won the last four CrossFit Games, proved once again that she is a force to be reckoned with in the sport. She finished first in three out of the five workouts, cementing her status as the top female CrossFit athlete in the world.
About CrossFit Athletes Winning Result
In the team division, CrossFit Mayhem Freedom took home the title. The team, which includes Rich Froning, one of the most decorated CrossFit athletes in history, dominated the competition, finishing first in four out of the five workouts. Other notable winners include Patrick Vellner, who finished second in the men’s division, and Kristin Holte, who finished second in the women’s division. Both athletes put on impressive performances and showed that they are serious contenders in the sport.
2023 CrossFit Open Full Winners List
Below are the Open results for both Rx’d divisions:
- Jeffrey Adler (Canada) — 108 points
- Tola Morakinyo (USA) — 220 points
- Colten Mertens (USA) — 368 points
- Tyler Christophel (USA) — 376 points
- Roldan Goldbaum (Mexico) — 527 points
- Samuel Cournoyer (Canada) — 620 points
- Ricky Garard (Australia) — 634 points
- Dallin Pepper (USA) — 657 points
- Reggie Fasa (UK) — 669 points
- Cam Crockett (USA) — 680 points
- Austin Hatfield (USA) — 735 points
- Nick Mathew (USA) — 779 points
- Jay Crouch (Australia) — 783 points
- Timothy Paulson (USA) — 798 points
- Aniol Ekai (Spain) — 906 points
- Alex Kotoulas (Greece) — 923 points
- Roman Khrennikov (USA) — 936 points
- Alexander Majors (USA) — 952 points
- Travon Benton (USA) — 977 points
- William Leahy IV (USA) — 992 points
- Mallory O’Brien (USA) — 115 points
- Paige Powers (USA) — 136 points
- Emma Lawson (Canada) — 187 points
- Arielle Loewen (USA) — 224 points
- Alex Gazan (USA) — 274 points
- Brooke Wells (USA) — 290 points
- Elena Carratala Sanahuja (Spain) — 297 points
- Amanda Barnhart (USA) — 300 points
- Ellie Turner (Australia) — 316 points
- Zoe Warren (USA) — 360 points
- Kelly Baker (USA) — 365 points
- Elisa Fuliano (Italy) — 367 points
- Abigail Domit (USA) — 400 points
- Gabriela Migała (Poland) — 418 points
- Manon Angonese (Belgium) — 425 points
- Caroline Spencer (USA) — 431 points
- Andrea Nisler (USA) — 438 points
- Emma McQuaid (Ireland) (T-18th) — 443 points
- Oihana Moya (Spain) (T-18th) — 443 points
- Sydney Michalyshen (Canada) — 452 points
The 2023 CrossFit Open was also notable for its inclusion of new adaptive divisions, which allowed athletes with physical disabilities to compete alongside able-bodied athletes. The winners of these divisions were Kevin Ogar in the men’s seated division, Amy Bream in the women’s seated division, Logan Aldridge in the men’s upper limb division, and Steph Hammerman in the women’s upper limb division.
FAQ About CrossFit Open
here are some frequently asked questions about the CrossFit Open:
What is the CrossFit Open?
The CrossFit Open is an annual online competition that serves as a qualifier for the CrossFit Games. It involves completing a series of workouts over five weeks, with athletes from around the world competing against each other.
Who has the most CrossFit wins?
The athlete with the most CrossFit Games wins is Mat Fraser, who won the men’s competition five times in a row from 2016-2020.
Who can participate in the CrossFit Open?
Anyone can participate in the CrossFit Open, regardless of their fitness level or experience with CrossFit. There are both RX and scaled versions of each workout, so athletes of all abilities can compete.
How do I register for the CrossFit Open?
Registration for the CrossFit Open typically opens a few months before the competition begins. You can register on the CrossFit Games website, and there is a registration fee.
What are the workouts like in the CrossFit Open?
The workouts in the CrossFit Open are designed to test athletes’ abilities in a wide range of areas, including strength, endurance, speed, agility, and flexibility. Each workout is kept secret until it is released, which adds an element of surprise and excitement to the competition.
How are the winners of the CrossFit Open determined?
The winners of the CrossFit Open determined based on their performance in the workouts. Each workout is assigned a point value based on the athlete’s score, and the athlete with the lowest overall point total at the end of the competition is declared the winner.
What happens after the CrossFit Open?
The top athletes from the CrossFit Open go on to compete in the CrossFit Games, which is the ultimate test of fitness for the fittest athletes in the world. The CrossFit Games is a multi-day competition that includes a variety of different events designed to test athletes’ physical and mental abilities.
Overall, the 2023 CrossFit Open was a showcase of the incredible athleticism and determination of CrossFit athletes from all walks of life. Congratulations to all of the winners and to everyone who participated in this year’s competition. We can’t wait to see what the future holds for the sport of CrossFit!